However, beaches do come with some inherent dangers, so it’s important to keep these beach safety tips in mind:
- Always follow local beach rules, obey any posted signs, and listen to all lifeguards.
- Never swim alone, and make sure that someone you know always has their eye on you.
- Drink lots of fresh, clean water (not saltwater!) to stay hydrated, and be sure to frequently lather yourself with sunscreen.
- Don’t leave your belongings unattended on a public beach where they could be moved or stolen.
- Never, ever leave children unattended on the beach, especially in the water.
- Take swimming lessons, not only ensuring your ability to swim but also so you may help others in danger.
Do you have any other ideas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.