It was just a couple months ago that the southeastern part of our nation was ravaged by devastating hurricanes, including Harvey and Irma. But devastation took another form shortly after that here in California by way of wildfires, from which dozens of people lost their lives and thousands more their homes, businesses, pets, and personal possessions.
As a business in Vallejo, we at Avery Greene Honda are committed to helping those in Vallejo, Napa, Sonoma, and other areas affected by the fires. Here are some ways you can give back:
- GoFundMe: Check out this list of verified GoFundMe accounts of families who were impacted by the fires.
- Red Cross: The Red Cross needs not just donations, but also volunteers.
- Napa Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund: Consider contributing to this organization, as well.
- Humane Societies: Animals are in need of help too. Consider donating to Napa Humane, Sonoma Humane Society, or Marin Humane.
- Volunteer Center of Sonoma County: Don’t have money to give? Then donate some time with the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County.
- Facebook: Check out the crisis response page on Facebook to investigate more ways you can help out.
Do you know of any other ways to help victims of the California wildfires? Please share them in the comments below.